Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: adopted men
I am a female reunited adoptee (18 years of contact now with my bmom, but my bdad has been strangely in and out - I'm 37 years old). I have two older brothers who were also adopted by our aparents. One searched, one never will. The first has children, the second never will. The first is in complete turmoil at 45 years of age over his difficult attempt to reunite with his bfamily. The second is a functional alcoholic.
I hurt for my brothers, despite their poor treatment of me growing up. I want to understand the male perspective of adoption and adoption reunion.
I am also a PhD student who conducted research on adoption reunion recently. During the pilot research process, the voice of male adoptees, and for that matter, birth fathers, was noticeably absent from the literature. I would be honored to hear more about your stories, the male adoptee and birth father point of view and experience. If you are interested in participating in a research study - which I have been told by other participants that they found taking part to be interesting and at times helpful - please contact me either here or at [url=http://www.myspace.com/alynp]MySpace.com -
It takes strength to be vulnerable with those who love you. My heart goes out to each of you.
Kindly and respectfully,
Amy