Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: adopted men
On the other hand, I have some resentment towards my birth mom. I still resent her for giving me up for adoption. My birth dad wanted me and so did my grandparents.
I know this happened many years ago and I need to move on, but for some reason I dont.
Recently she told me she has no regrets about her decision to relinquish me. That hurt.
Well now IҒm in my late 30s. Ive never been married. IҒm alone. I feel like Im here,
but not really here. I feel like IҒm going through the motions of life, but not participating in life. Ive had many girlfriends, but loved none.
Are there any other guys out there who have had a similar experience? Do men who were put up for adoption as kids have intimacy issues? If so, how did you overcome? Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated..........Thanks
I can relate to you. None of my past relationships have worked out. I am always scared to put it all on the line and open up emotionally. I have never told any of my SO's about my adoption, it hurts so much and I don't want anyone to see me when I am so vulnerable. I feel being adopted has robbed me of the ability to really love someone. I too resent my bmom for giving me up. I don't know if my feelings will ever change, I haven't really started searching yet and a reunion or some sort of relationship with my bmom seems like a fantasy.
Pgwidener: I am willing to bet that your son doesn't really know why he feels the way he does. I'm not angry at anyone in particular, I just hate the fact that I had to grow up knowing I wasn't who they said I was. I didn't choose to be put up for adoption. I didn't want to live a screwed up life but I had no choice. Next time you are doing something you really don't want to do, imagine living your whole life with that feeling. Sometimes you can put it out of your mind but it's always there.