Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: adopted men
OCboy1~
I am not an adoptee ~ but a birthmother in reunion with my bson since Aug 06. He was 24 when I reached out to him. We have had our ups and downs (which is completely normal and I understand this) and your question is very interesting to me.
I have never posted before today....always reading posts from all points of the triad, trying to gain insight from adult adoptees. Especially young male adoptees. I believe that knowledge is power and say this to my bson quite regularly. I was 16 at the time of his birth and choices were made for me. I felt like I never had a voice and wanted him to know this. When I did open up this line of communication, his answer was similar to your bmom's. I can relate when you say that it hurts.
I do not see intimacy issues with him, but more of anger issues. My question for you is - do you think that it is just his age? That over time he will understand his own anger and let it go?
I am thankful, blessed, happy .... that he is in my life.
I believe that I am in his life for a positive reason to be a loving, supportive friend when he needs it. So - I continue to find peace in the fact that we do love each other, even if it gets a little bumpy along the reunion road.
Wishing you the best ~ and thank you for your post...I am going to try and take a more active role in this forum! :)