Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
In CA they used to have respite hours provided and paid by the state. In San Diego County anyway. But you don't have to have a licensed, probed, and fingerprinted person to babysit for a few hours. I think they call it 'prudent parenting' where they trust you to pick a decent person to watch the kids for a bit. In FL they do not pay for babysitting at all - except for day care when fp's are working. They do provide respite in 24 hr blocks. Where ever the fk spends the night - that is who gets the board funds for that day. But, in FL, the babysitter you pay for out of the child's board rate has to be a fingerprinted, approved person - in your home only. In Oregon, they do not provide respite at all - except for day care (I believe - but I don't work outside the home - so I wouldn't qualify anyhow - LOL) It all comes out of your boarding funds. And Oregon also practices prudent parenting rules with a few guidelines as to age (like I would leave 2 infants with a 10 year old - hahaa) and numer of consectutive hours and number of children allowed (the caregivers kids + foster kids cannot equal more than 7 or more than 2 under 2).
Many fp's are networking and getting to know each other via the Foster Parent Associations.
Good luck on your date. I is so very important to keep your marriage on track. When the kids go - it will still be there!