Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I just thought I would check and see who all is here in KY. I just moved from TX and am VERY new to KY.
Hi
Lets see, Paintsville is about an hour an a half from Huntington WV. It is the Birthplace of singer Loretta Lynn. Actually Van Lear is her birthplace, but thats a community nearby Paintsville. Its Eastern Kentucky.
Advertisements
OK, I'm in central KY. I'm right next to Ft. Knox and get to feel all the BOOMS!
Goodness, I'll bet thats noisy huh? Have you adopted or do you have any foster children? We have to wait until school gets back in to attend the classes, so I guess you might say we are just starting. :)
I have adopted twice, both newborn domestic adoptions. I do hope to foster someday, too, when my boys are a bit older. :)
julie23
i'm moving to Kentucky tomorrow! where are you guys? we are going to Madisonville....
Ok, Julie. You really get around! When are you moving back to PA.
Sorry to horn in on the KY thread, Bajj!
Advertisements
Hi
I am wondering where all the people are at that foster, are learning to foster or fostering to adopt, etc., are at? My husband and I are trying to adopt a 13 year old girl from Georgia (after raising six of our own children), and we are in week two of our foster care classes. I want to rave to somebody, but nobody is ever here. :hissy:
I know there has to be more people that know about this website that are fostering or training to foster/adopt. :evilgrin: So if your here, let me know!
:hypno: 2nd week of class 8 to go
:eyebrows: Homestudy coming up
:eyebrows: Fingerprints next week ! :woohoo:
Hi Horselover,
I think if you go to the foster care and adoption forum and start a thread with your rave, you will get more responses. Not many come to the state sites.
Hi, My husband and I are getting ready to start our classes to foster/adopt we are hoping to adopt a 14yr old girl we saw on the special needs website. we really aren't sure what to expect and are anxious to get things going going our first mtg is Oct 5, then classes start the next week. We are so excited!
Advertisements
:loveyou: :banana: Thats exciting. I havent got a date yet for "meeting":hissy: What state are you in? I am in Kentucky but the girl is in Georgia. Teenagers have a hard time being adopted. God bless you! Don't worry everything will work out great. Don't expect too much from the first meeting, as I put myself in their place and they don't know what to expect so some can be standoffish or some can be so excited they can't be quiet. :) Thats what I've heard. Please let me know how your meeting goes, and I'll keep you up to date as well. Glad to meet you. :)
where are you taking your classes? my wife and I are signed up in shelby county. Our introductory meeting is on the 10th, then classes start on the 24th
our first meeting is Oct. 5 and classes start Oct. 12 in Lexington we could have gotten closer classes if we waited until next year but now that we have decided to do it we dont want to wait. 14 days and counting:cheer: also nervous starting a notebook today of questions I want to ask LOL
i know that feeling. We are in bullitt county. Sadly we couldn't use the Louisville/Jefferson County system since they are separate from the surrounding counties. We had just missed the bullit county classes for the year, so we had an option to wait into next year, or just go with Shelby county.
Looks like we'll be about on the same schedule, our classes run through the week before thanksgiving, Halloween included...good luck!
Advertisements
YEAH! only 13 more days until the first meeting then the classes start. I can hardly wait! excited, anxious, nervous LOL dont know what to expect.