Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
You know, it kind of reminds me of the situation I went through bringing my kids home.
They were living in a religious funded group home because there weren't enough "beds" in foster homes in our state...the homes could keep 1 child, but not both at the same time, so the group home took them in so they wouldn't be seperated.
I struck up a good rapport with the group home "house mother" over the phone after our first meeting with the children.
We went to the group home and met the kids there to take them to a water park for that weekend, and after that, the group home woman (we just met her that day in person) became SUCH a wench...she hated us...for reasons we still do not know.
She tried to get our kids to say no. She made up a false list of allegations against us (no plans on her part to adopt them...she did make a comment one time though that she hated to see them go because she knew what type of "problems" could replace them...how nice, huh?), complained my husband worked 2 jobs (hello, I was taking care of my elderly grandmother 24/7 in her home!!!) and all sorts of things.
Once it came time to move, she asked for our address so she could forward any mail to the kids if they were to get any.
We began being inundated with mail from their "visiting families"...families with NO background checks assigned to take our kids when the other kids who had families got to go home on "leave" for the night, wanting letters and pictures and calls.
They hated us, too. When my daughter had surgery, they wouldn't even let ME in with her while they put her under anesthetic...they told the doctors "I am her guardian, she is not her mother".
The group home mother got fired over her dealings with us and then she showed up on Mother's Day last year to "see the kids". I was at work...we had celebrated the day before...I tell hubby she was touched by an angel that I wasn't there...I was so angry I could have killed. I would have been physical had I been there...she took our private information when she left because she "just had to see HER kids"?!?
My son was up all night with an upset stomach fearing she had come to take them...but we reminded him he was finalized, and that wasn't going to happen.
Long story short though...after all that fighting...it's now been over a year since we finalized, and a few months shy of 2 years move in...and I've requested off this Mother's Day because of last year...if wench shows again...she'd better be ready.
So yes, this too shall pass...they've already showed their lack of true support and compassion to your kids...just keep writing EVERY little thing down that occurs...no matter how small you feel it is!