Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I'm truly sorry this is the experience you are now having with a foster parent.. we aren't all like that and it's unfortunate you got the rotten apple out of a huge barrel!
You might want to ensure the kids schools, day program, and anywhere else that the kids would be without you has a copy of the restraining order and a picture of the couple so they can call the police if they show up.
It sounds like you're well versed on how to handle this situation... here's what a worker in my area has told us to do when we have a court ordered "No Contact" on a parent and they show up at school or other location: Ensure the child is separated and neither party can see each other, have someone distract the parent by discussing topics other than the child while someone else calls the police (don't alert the parent), then call you while waiting on the police.
Hopefully the courts will dismiss their appeal. Not sure what date they supposedly appealed but usually any appeal has to be completed within 30 calendar days of a ruling. In addition (at least in my state) they would have to show just reason for the appeal. In my state the reason you listed wouldn't be just reason.
Truly sorry for the anxiety all of you are going through.