Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thank you all for your support. It's nice to talk to people who are going through the process (adoption, not crazy people). I just got off the phone with the court clerk. She said that it looks like the appeal will be heard. She said that they only do appeal hearings every quarter so the court date will probably be in the late fall/eary winter. We live in a small community so your support is wonderful. Our situation is a little different because we adopted our kids through the local Indian Tribe here. (my husband is 1/2 Native American). Our license was issued by the state because we don't live on the reservation. The local Tribe doesn't have anything on their law books about adoption. Our SW went with the state laws because of this. Our state law says children can be adopted after 6 months in a foster home. My biggest thing right now is: what are we going to do if the judge doesn't extend the restraining order on the 5th? Legally they are our children, but they seem to think they can visit anytime. I don't know. Thank you all for your posts. I'll keep you posted.