Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We had a bit of a similar problem years ago when accepting two children for adoption. The former fp's were asked time and again if they wanted to adopt...the response was always 'no'...even when given a couple of weeks (each time) to consider doing so.
It was the game of 'We don't want them, but we surely don't want YOU to have them either!'
Not only should the advice and notes from the caseworkers be important, but if your county and children had CASA workers, those notes and such should be helpful too, should any of this go into court.
I know the fp's of our children risked having their license taken away; and in the end, we actually had to testify in court----along with the state----to say that they'd tried to stall the adoption, cause innumerable problems with the children, etc. It was a looney-bin from the first go; but they 'lost'. Sadly, the state wouldn't take their license, but chose instead to (quote from the caseworker here)......'let them whither on the vine' and not give them anymore placements.
Not exactly what I think the state should have done; but at least no more children would be placed there.....
Keeping the journal and every single piece of paper is essential---as others have already said. I hope you find some resolution to all of this.
Sincerely,
Linny