Advertisements
Advertisements
It has been impossible for me to get any information at all about my adoption or health history so far. If anyone thinks they know anything about me, please let me know. While I would love to meet bio family members, I would be content just to have pictures and health history. I am not here to disrupt anyone's life, just to find some answers in my own.
I admit I am curious as to if I have siblings or half siblings. I was raised as an only child. I find myself looking into my children's faces, and even sometimes the faces of strangers, to find something familiar.
This is a strange journey for me. I search in spurts, then find myself either discouraged or fearful of the unknown and quit for a while. I feel so overwhelmed. I just found this forum and am encouraged by the stories support I read here. I am glad I signed up.
Hi,
I am in Montreal and together with a search partner, have been able to help several adoptees find info on their birthfamilies. We don't charge for this, but do it on a very part-time basis because we both work full time. If you have any info at all, we would be happy to do some digging at the library for you next time we are there. Also, have you contacted Parent Finders Montreal? They are a great resource.
Kelly
Advertisements
Thank you for your kind offer. I would not want to put you to any trouble. I am married with a family and I work two part time jobs so I understand time constraints.
I really have very little information. I was adopted through Children's Service Centre, 1869 Dorchester St. West. I have a paper saying my certificate of judgment was the tenth of January, 1955, and it gives a number. The cover letter says there were 5 enclosures, but there are only three papers: the cover letter, the certificate of judgement, and a "short health history" which really only gives my weight and immunizations up to the time my adoption was finalized.
My adoptive mother, now deceased, mentioned that I was in foster care for a time... she got me at 11 mos of age. I have a couple of photos that show me at about 5 or 6 mos old. They say "Baby Cathy" on the back but my mother said that was just what the foster family called me. Adoption is clothed in such mystery that I don't know whether to believe that or not.
I don't know anything about Parent Finders. I will have to look into that, but I have very limited funds with which to work.