Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
With our foster daughter it was really a control issue...she was checked out for any medical problems that could be a reason for the uncontrolled urine. So, after talking with the therapist we came up with a plan. I got really tired of putting my hand in the dirty clothes and touching wet things. She would urinate even in school. I bought a package of XL pull ups and told her the next time I found wet undees I would be replacing all of her undees with pull ups. (Of course the SW and therapist were aware). Well I did...of course I waited to right before we were going to visit the therapist. The therapist and I talked before hand and then she met with the foster child. Our foster daughter came up with a plan...no pull ups for now, but if she wet again she would wear the pull ups. Guess what...no more wet undees. The therapist explained it that she felt she had no control over her life (she really did not) so she had control over when she went to the bathroom. What she needed to realize is that it was not an accepted behavior. Since this happened when she had just moved in, I worked on making sure she knew she had choices about certain things.
Good Luck,
Happy123