Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I don't know about the peeing specifically, but I think there is good advice in some posts above. As for more general hygiene - yes, I've been down that road! To the point that one time when I told my FS to take a shower before school he has such a meltdown that he was screaming and raging at me and slapping the wall in the stairwell with is open hand to emphasize his points - and went right through the drywall. So then he had showering, AND a gaping hole in my wall to contend with! On other occasions he'd get IN the shower, but not WASH anything - he'd get out still smelly, still greasy and soaking wet and put on his clothes he'd been wearing for days on end. And this was a 14 year old! Anyway, after coaxing, cajoling, and trying to convince him that it was in his own best interests not to reek and have greasy hair around his peers, I just flat out made it a rule. "In OUR house, everyone showers every day (properly), and puts on fresh clothes and deodorant, or you just don't have any privileges. No going anywhere after school, no TV, etc". Naturally, he raged again at that announcement, along with a big lecture on how I don't accept him the way he is and all that other guilt-inducing stuff. Bottom line? He started showering the very next day and I never again had to remind him! And after a few weeks of being CLEAN, HE is now the one totally offended by other kids with poor hygiene, LOL (doesn't hurt that he got a girfriend not long after, and she commented on how nice he always smelled! :-)