Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I was going to suggest what AmyAnne suggested. What about a list? My friend has 2 girls with some problems and she has made posters with pictures(they are too young to read still) and it seems to work. It starts out with a morning ritual, get up, make your bed, cllothes in hamper, ect. These children for some reason seem to strive better with structure and once they get into a routine you might find yourself not having to nag or remind as much.
I can really sympathize with the urine in the dryer OMG I thought I was going to die of axfixiation<sp> when my Momma threw her urine soaked pants into the dryer at home when she first was dx with alzhimers. Is he doing this as a way to hide wet pants or the fact that he had a pee accident? In other words is he just skipping the wash process and adding urine wet pants to clean clothes already in the dryer? What about giving him his own small hamper for urine wet clothes, sort of like a diaper pail? Then he can just wash them himself or his own hamper period with a certain time and day that he MUST do his own laundry with oxyclean. Many detergents have oder eliminaters, I got some Purex with Renuzit to kill oders. My Dad smokes cigars and I was having to was clothes 2 and 3 times over to kill the smell.
EZ