Advertisements
Advertisements
I married a woman with a 3 year old girl. The mother took this girl from her father when she was conceived to a different state due to unknown problems they were having. The father did not have much to do with the girl. I fell in love with this child and loved her as my own. I adopted her. We also had a son of our own. 3 years passed. We seperated and eventually divorced. Upon seperation the mother no longer saw me as being the father of this child. When I would call to talk to our daughter the mother would say very ugly things about me to our daughter and this would take place as well when I would pick up our daugther for her weekend visitations. These phone calls were recorded. This went on for a year, the child slowly growing distant from me. I could just tell. I do not know what the mother was telling this child when I was not around. The mother eventually just stopped letting me pick her up after she filed a police report saying that I choked this child. This did not happen. She was served with Contempt of Court papers for not letting me see or talk to our daughter. Due to financial restraints, basically no money at all, I settled on an agreement which gave me much more time with our son and giving her sole custody of our daughter with "reasonable visitation." After the "Choking Report" I honestly felt had I kept on trying to see our daughter the mother would have went as far as saying I molested her so I left it alone. I have had no contact with the child in 8 years but I have been paying child support this entire time. The child is on her third father now, one she calls father now anyways. Is there anything I can do, child support, anything regarding this adoption. The mother did everything in her power to destroy our relationship. I am now financially able to something if I can. And yes I have struggled financially for awhile. Court battles were way out of my league until now.