Advertisements
Advertisements
Okay...so now it's my turn to ask. :)
I've recently pm-ed with someone about Spence-Chapin and I've contacted them as well.
Can anyone pm me about their experiences---good or bad?
Thank you ahead of time.
Sincerely,
Linny
Hi Linny,
Re:Spence Chapin
I called them Friday am, left a message and no one returned the call. So, yesterday I filled out the ASAP application- It's still really early for office operations to start,(plus it's Monday) but hopefully I'll hear something today... I'll keep you posted.
How bout you, have you heard anything?
S
Advertisements
....that's why I said 'I'm asking the questions now'! LOL
Honestly, I've spoken with them before, just wanted more input this time.
Thanks for your pm's....
Sincerely,
Linny
I've also had major issues with them returning calls/emails. And despite my experience with special needs kids and transracial adoption, I've never been called..........am wondering if they're a bit anti-single parent?
LOVE their low fees for their ASAP (special needs adoption) infant/toddler program.
Have had friends with success but not personally.
That help?
Sandy
Advertisements
Please remember that any actual details about the agency or how they run it, programs, wait times, fees etc. are considered agency discussion and they must be done via PM.
Thanks!
(saying you called them or you used them is fine, but not details)
Hello,
I'm new to the site and would really like anyone with expericence with Spence-Chapin, more specifically their ASAP program to PM me.
Thanks,
Lauren
:thanks:
Please PM me as well. We are waiting the finalization of our 2 year old's adoption and plan on using Spence Chapin for our next adoption. Currently getting homestudy ready for Spence Chapin, first meeting with our homestudy SW next Tuesday. I have heard from two people already but would love more information.
Please PM me TOO!!
Advertisements
Hello,
My husband and I are also planning for domestic adoption through Spence Chapin. Could anyone who has already gone through a domestic adoption with SC please PM me about their experience as well? We would so greatly appreciate anything you could share.
Thank you so much.
Would appreciate any feedback on this agency. Have a 3yo adopted son (Hispanic) and would like to find a sibling for him. Anything would be appreciated. Tanya
Advertisements
Dear all,
I'm new here and saw lot's of posts concerning Spence Chapin agency. I am interested as I am considering adoption through this agency at it seems professional, nice and available. Could you please PM'ed me with your experience in your adoption process with them if you have? I don't have any home study yet and heard they could help us. Do you know how long it is to do that and if it is really time consuming (the whole process actually) ? I am afraid that my job couldn't allow me to be availabe every time for all the meetings so do not hesitate to give me your "detailed" experience in term of visits, with SW or to the birthmother and the time for the whole process if you succeeded!
Hope everything is going well for all for you and Thank you ahead of time.
Kind regards
Mary
Linny
Okay...so now it's my turn to ask. :)
I've recently pm-ed with someone about Spence-Chapin and I've contacted them as well.
Can anyone pm me about their experiences---good or bad?
Thank you ahead of time.
Sincerely,
Linny
I realize this thread is quite old, so perhaps I am simply sending my question into the void! However, much like others on this thread I am considering working with Spence Chapin. My partner and I are mostly drawn to its secular and pro-LGBT adoption policy (even though we are a heterosexual couple, this is very important to us). However, in finalizing our decision we would like to know a bit more about the experiences of other adoptive parents with Spence-Chapin. For example, what would you say is the main drawback to working with Spence-Chapin as opposed to a smaller, lesser known agency? I would greatly appreciate any info based on personal experience that you feel comfortable sharing.
Thank you,
Hester