Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, it has been a long haul for us almost 2 and a half years.....but finally we have an adoption hearing on the 27th. Please pray for us. our blog is at [url=http://www.panamaadoption.blogspot.com]Panama Adoption Story[/url]
Congratulations! we're 16 months into the process. according to your timeline, maybe we're half way through!!! :)
love to hear more when you have time to share.
m.
Advertisements
i just posted on your other thread! :)
we started 1/07 (literally the first day of the year we had our homestudy!!!). our paperwork was down there in may of 07 (took a while with getting a couple of papers notarized just right. we sent them down and then had to redo them). dna gave us approval on 7/7/07 (any luck there???) and we've been waiting ever since.
we requested a boy or girl ages 2 & under. i'm thinking that the "2 & under" may give us a little problem. we thought about putting "3", but our agency/attorney said the age wouldn't make a big difference.
we were told 12 -- 18 months for a referral. but all of us, agency, attorney included, think it may be a little longer. seems the dna is running slow -- or so i've been told.
we are a pilot family with an agency, but we are using a law firm in panama city, panama. i've worked with our agency before, so i have confidence in them that they will see this through.
i just read your blog. that's really interesting that you are able to adopt a child you met while on a mission trip. how cool. it seems like you and another family just came out of nowhere to say that you were going to panama!. i've been hoping & looking for a family to share in this with for a long time!!!
congratulations on your trip!!!
m.
You know the feeling of not wanting to get overly excited, we have been cruising all the boards for years....I hope and pray our story doesn't turn into a what not to do situation though.
don't think that way! What is it God says? PRAY EXPECTANTLY!!! Pray with your eyes wide OPEN so you can see what He is doing.
I went to Ghana on a mission trip. there, the people thank you before asking a question -- thank you pass the salt please. we can do the same thing with God
thank you for the child to love please. see how easy it is? now if we can just get our minds to understand what our hearts already know. THAT is the hard part.
i am so excited for you. this is going to be awesome! what are the chances you would meet a child in panama who is eligible for adoption? out of all the orphanages and all the children that need help? It's a God thing.
Advertisements
Thanks for the encouragement....you are right I shouldn't think at all like that ....I definatly know that God has been showing me something through all this. You are so right......what are the odds that on my mission trip (of which I had never gone on before but felt driven to do so) I would meet a girl who was actually available for adoption abroad AND that we would actually be able to get a referral for her of all people....granted she does have some minor medical issues but regardless...what are the odds...
Hello:
What agency are you using? My husband and I are wanting to adopt. His grandmother is from Panama.
Thanks
Tammie