Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Our local news ran an interview on their "Gift of Love" with an attorney representing one of the FLDS children. I was upset and questioning his quote:
"I don't know what's going to happen in this case but I hope that the children are reunited with their mothers because 75% of children placed in foster care end up either in jail or on the streets and that's a disturbing statistic."
Is this at all accurate? Shouldn't he have elaborated? Which children, those who return back to abusive parents, those who age out of the system? I can not see this being a fact for those children adopted into loving homes. I have had someone come up to me quoting this from the story, as if "do you know what you are in for?" For a feature on a news channel that is suppose to be helping these children, I can not see how that interview helped.
I did email the station several days ago about my concerns, but have gotten no response. Here is a link to the interview done last Wednesday. [URL="http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8287686"]KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |Gift of Love: Tyler Attorney Represents Polygamist Girl[/URL]