Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
that is interesting. even if it were accurate, it probably is dependent on cirucmstances. i KNOW my children ARE at more of a risk of incarceration than other children bc they have a relative in jail that they used to live with and spent too much time visiting. i don't think it matters that they were adopted into a loving family.....the fact remains that they spent MANY years in an environment that taught them you can take what you want, people owe it to you, and when you get caught, LIE. if you have to go to jail, we'll see you on the inside. (THIS IS NOT A GENERALIZATION, it is case specific to my children.) my kids don't think jail is that bad. SCARY!
but in this instance, i think to even make that comment is CRAZY. i doubt that 75% of those kids will now end up in jail. i think they are a group of people desperate to get their children back and so they will use any statistic available to them to help their case. this is not the first one i've seen that i think is maybe taken out of context....for lack of a better explanation. and regardless of what i think of the whole situation, i have to think, if i was trying to prove my case to get my kids, i'd use whatever i could find too...even if it didn't totally relate.