Advertisements
Advertisements
I know this is an old thread but still is an issue! I already have a COC and a SS card for my Haitian daughter (I know this is not the Carib forum but no one has responded over there), which show the spelling of her name that matches all the Haitian paperwork. I'm not sure how doing a readoption helps us with name change issues on the existing US documents. If we readopt and I change her name on that paperwork don't we still have to get a new COC and SS card issued? I assume it's dangerous in this administration for her to have a COC in one name spelling and a BC in a different spelling. (All I did was remove one U from her first name).
It sounds like the delayed registration of birth is faster and requires less paperwork but is the end result certificate EXACTLY THE SAME as having the cert you get from readopting? What I really want is for her to be able to get her driver's license in March in the spelling of her name that she uses daily, but since all her legal paperwork has it with the original spelling, I'm not sure that will work. She gets her learner's permit next week and that will surely have to be in the original spelling since we will have to show them her Haitian paperwork to get the permit.
Advertisements