Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I would never change my name back either. I am known as the name my parents gave me, and I couldn't imagine being a different name. Besides that I like the name my parents gave me much better then the name my bmom gave me. I do have to say though, that I have always loved the name Brock for a boy, and when in High School, I worked with a boy named Brock and would always think his name was very cool.....not until years later did I learn that it was my original last name. So what I might do is name a son, if I ever have one, Brock as a "tribute" to my original last name. I am VERY attached to my last name given to me by my parents, and may even keep it when I get married someday...not sure...maybe I'll just keep it as a second middle name....names are a way of identifying oneself. I think that for some adoptees they may feel that if they choose to take back their original names that they may be trying to identify more with their biofam. Personally, I identify with my family and don't have that need to try to identify with my bfamily through a name....