Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
how did it work out?
the reason for ny being the court is "mom" lives here with the daughter. anywho we did get a copy of the B/C and there is a father on it who is not ME!! he had been the dad for over 10 yrs! we did not get the adoption papers, the only way to get those would have been with a supreme court order and we were not in supreme court YET.what we used as a reason for dismasal actually was brought to the courts attention by the guardian that was appointed, equittable estopple was the reason for dismisal!
apparently this woman had been brought to court by her ex who has custody of their other 2 children,which she has not seen in over 3 yrs. he was asking for an increase in child support for the other 2 and she was not granted C/S for the daughtter here in ny. i guess she thought she could have paternity determined with me and that i would have have to pay C/S!
the court didnt spank her for lying or even get upset with her, i dont think he even remebered her from the previous hearing when she lied. he did however enforce the rule of law and denied then dismissed her petition b/c there was already a father,and i have never been adjudicated the father.in ny if there is a father on the B/C ny will not entertain a paternity suit without a court order from a higher court!
as far as back C/S in ny you can get C/S from the time that you file and thats it!!