Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone. DH and I adopted our DD at birth. She is now 4 1/2 months old. Things happened really fast with her. We finished our home study, received a call about a potential match 2 weeks later. Nine weeks after that, our daughter was born. It's a little scary how quickly things happened, but of course, we love our baby so much we wouldn't change any of it!!!
So, a few weeks ago, DH looked at me and said, 'we should probably get our home study updated and get our profile book out there for #2.' I looked at him like he was nuts!!! :eek:
We would love to have our kids 18 -24 months apart. His thinking is that we will have about a 12 month wait for a match because we already have one baby. He feels that birthmothers want to have their child be the oldest in a family so we will have to wait longer this time. Our DD has been so difficult (colic and reflux for the first 3.5 months) that the thought of another one already makes me weak. I'm scared it will happen fast again.
So, what are some of your experiences with the 2nd (or even 3rd - we want 3-4 kids total) adoption. Does it take longer? How old was your first when you got things going for your second?
Thank you in advance!
Nicksbride
Advertisements