Advertisements
Advertisements
I agree with you that an agency pick is indeed a good option for folks who are not mainstream America.
It is my full right to express myself freely on this forum and "complain". Please keep in mind that my opinions are based on personal experience, not something that I read somewhere. There is no better teacher than experience.
It seems to me that you say what you say now because all looks good to you since you are U.S. citizen. Had you ever been a (mind you - legal!) immigrant like me, you would think otherwise. We tend to justify what works for us.
You say that there is "no benefit in non-citizens bringing over non-citizens" etc. How many children per year do you think we are talking about?
And how many permanent residents do you think would adopt internationally through certified agencies, were it legal? Do you think we talk about tens, hundreds or thousands of children?
If you did the math, assuming the permanent residents would adopt at a similar rate to citizens, you would discover that we talk about a highly marginal phenomenon here, a few isolated cases and nothing more. Certainly not a "massive invasion" by "aliens", LOL.
I will be citizen in two years but my opinions will not change. I will welcome (and help promote, God willing) a more adoption friendly immigration policy than what we currently have.