Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Laura Luehr
My husband and I are losing our foster child that was placed in our home with the understanding that the state would term the birth parents rights, now after six months the state dicided to place the child with a distant cousin. My husband and I feel like there has been a death in the family and no one can understand better than someone who has been there.If there is someone out there that has been there can you help us learn to cope?
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Maria
I am a foster parent and I understand. You can write to me at jnorberg@prodigy.net
Originally Posted By Amy
I am also a foster parent....please feel free to email me at bunches_blessed@hotmail.com
Originally Posted By krystal
i am fixing to be a new foster parent and what is happening to you is one of my fears i dont know what to say to ease your pain i can just tell you that i am truly soory for your lose and i will keep you in my thoughts prays truly krystal
Originally Posted By kmartin
i have been there, there is no feeling on earth like a giant pull coming from your heart,and you try to prepare your self for it. you do as i did,you hope that you have given your all to that child,so that they will remember someone loved them and it will be all ways on there heart.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Linnea
I understand completely. I am a foster mom, bio mom and adoptive mom, and there is no difference in the love I have for my babies. All you can do is pray and leave the child in God's hands and remember that the love you gave will always be with that child. Any love you give a child is never wasted. Blessings...
Originally Posted By Kayla Jackson
My family and I are thinking about becoming a foster family. It must be hard to loose someone so special. IT may cause much pain. So is it worth becoming a foster family?
email me at Firechic5253@ AOL.com
Originally Posted By dd bartley
Laura, We are just learned yesterday that we may lose our little girl to parents who adopted another half-sibling a few years ago. They have not been contacted prior to this and now that it's time to TPR they appear. Please let me know how your case turned out. We are very very upset at the possibility of losing her.
Originally Posted By Laura
dd bartley-I am so sorry to hear that,if you need to talk to someone please e-mail me at Luehr19@aol.com. It doesn't seem fair that someone should be able to walk in and take these children from what they consider their home. We have been battling with the birth family over our foster son for 9 months now and we just found out yesterday that the birth Grandmother wants now wants him. I don't know why she waited 18 months to decide to take him. So we will lose him on Oct.25. I don't know how I will explain this to our four year old son.
Advertisements
My husband and I are going to do it again but we are going into it with the feeling that they won't be staying long.
Originally Posted By Connie
Laura--
That happened to us, too. Christopher had been here
the required waiting period to adopt of six months.
Just as we were going to start the paperwork, he was
moved to another foster home and they adopted him.
I felt the same as you; like there was a death and no
closure. We loved that little guy. He was only 3 yrs.
kobesmom@adoption.com
Hope you check back on this site and email me.
so so sorry about losing your foster child. It can be very hard. I have loved and said good bye to over 173 foster infants and toddlers. I can assure you it does not get easier.
Originally Posted By Jan
dh & I know exactly how you feel we had a fd for 18 months when she was YANK away to be returned to a bio dad that was willing to sign her over to us. But, grt grt A&U got their noses in it and he decided IF we couldn't have her then he would get her back. It is a death in your heart. I know everytime we went to court we felt like OUR baby was on life support and the judge could pull the plug any day. It has been 5 months sense she left us. And EVERY time I see a picture of her or hear her name my heart sinks down to my toes. I miss her SO!
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Dhayes
i think it is a very possitive thing to do. i think you need to go into knowing whether you want to adopt or not. then remember that you are there to give a safe home until they can return to their home. Hopefully the parents will do what they need to do and you could be a great resouce for them.
Originally Posted By Dhayes
i think it is a very possitive thing to do. i think you need to go into knowing whether you want to adopt or not. then remember that you are there to give a safe home until they can return to their home. Hopefully the parents will do what they need to do and you could be a great resouce for them.