Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone hosted a Latvian child before adopting? My husband and I are looking seriously at hosting through New Horizons for Children this Christmas (for 5 weeks). One of our concerns is the cost of the adoption following and all of the travel!
Just interested if anyone here has hosted and how it went. Thanks!
Missy
mom to 3 Russians, now all teenagers (!!)
Hi,
We too are looking at the New Horizon's Christmas program. I have found many blogs of people who have hosted and adopted children as a result.
Advertisements
four Latvian children and one Russian child, and adopted one of the Latvian children. Feel free to PM me for the details...
I have a 13 yo boy here right now thru the NHFC program and have nothing but good things to say. we also hosted over Christmas
We hosted our son through NHFC last summer (and Christmas), had our first court date in April of this year and he was a US citizen (after our 3rd trip) and 'officially' our son in August. We are thrilled with him - he is an awesome kid!! He was 13 when we started the process and hosted him and is 14 now. We could not be happier with him! Feel free to ask any questions.
Advertisements
Two this time will be interesting. Looking forward to hearing how everyone's experiences have been. Have lots of questions regarding the adoption side of things in Latvia.
We too are hosting from Latvia this winter and would like to hear of experiences that went from hosting through adoption. Please share! :popcorn: