Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Okay you guys. I am going to set forth another theory here about the adoptee's described 'failure to allow oneself to get emotionally close'...
I am NOT trying to offend, I am just going to put this out there because I think there MIGHT be a little possible kernel of truth, perhaps.
After reading all the posts above, and having read Primal Wound when our kids were younger, another possibility comes to mind. I am almost afraid to post it because if you do not read it in the way it is intended, it will sound mean and it is not at all.
Okay, many of us can agree that emotional temperament can be genetic and inherited. And while a bmom is pregnant, she may often try really hard not to get too atttached because it is so painful for her.So perhaps, just perhaps, SOME adoptees inherit from their bfamily, a temperament which does not easily get too close to another. Maybe that is an emotion that the bmothers feel they NEED to try and develop while they are pregnant, otherwise they could never give the child up.
And so maybe the baby, in utero, absorbs this 'disconnect'
and carries it into their life. Do not hate me for putting forth this shred of a tiny thought. I am simply brainstorming, and am not trying to be disrespectful in ANY way.