Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
erikamarie
I am an adoptee. I am 20 now. I still stuggle with letting people get too close to me or me getting too close to people. It makes relationships really difficult. I have met my bfamily and I noticed that it is getting a little better, but mainly just with family.
I really do believe that adoption has something to do with it. I don't know what or why, but its there.
My reunited daughter will be 23 on New Years Day and she has shared that she also has a difficult time letting others get close and that we, her B-family are only a handful of folks shes allowed to do so. It's funny... (as in Primal Wound funny) because she never knew she was adopted until I made connect! That tells me there is truth behind the P / W theory. Lonewolf, I posted to say no, you are not alone. In my Adoption Group there are many adoptees with this and similar issues. My daughter has stated she has never let a boyfriend get "too close" and that she avoids emotional attachments even when she dates men who qualify as "The One." She dated a guy for 2+ years and one night while staying at his condo she found a receipt for a ring days before Valentines Day so she came up with a bogus excuse to bail.
I gain so much insight when I read posts from the various sectors of the triad and I thank you for sharing. Tracy