Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
white_elephant,
That is so weird (yet oddly comforting) to hear that someone else has that "love to the death but never miss" kind of feeling. I always wondered if I was the only adoptee who felt like this. I too am very close with my family, and would take a bullet for them but I never miss them. I don't even have pictures of my family or anything in my room, like a lot of people do, or anything like that-no family memorabilia. And I agree, it's so logical. Like when I went away to college, my view was that, hey, I'm going halfway across the country, you're staying here, what is there to freak out about? It's also intriguing to hear it from a mother's perspective. I'm sure I'm also going to be like that-not missing my kids.
My question to you is, how were you when you were before you married your husband? Like, when you guys were moving towards marriage. Did you feel like you never missed him if you weren't together? Did he ever think you didn't care about him as much because you didn't miss him? I hope it's not too personal of a question-I'm just always wondering about that for when I seriously date a guy.