Advertisements
Advertisements
does anyone here foster in TN??? i'd love to get some feedback about your experiences here. you can pm me if you'd like. :) thanks!
Advertisements
Where in TN are you located? We live in TN, in Tipton county. We have been very fortunate and blessed to have adopted 3 infants from foster care. One from our county of Tipton and the twins from the next county in Lauderdale. PM me for more info.
yanknrebel
We are in Collierville, TN. We've been approved for 4 weeks and zero calls. We are approved for girls up to age 13. The worker assures us that we are on the list... but I guess I was expecting at least one call by now. :coffee:
b1thompson
We are in Collierville, TN. We've been approved for 4 weeks and zero calls. We are approved for girls up to age 13. The worker assures us that we are on the list... but I guess I was expecting at least one call by now. :coffee:
wow...that much of an age span and no call for a month? is there just not a great need here? i'm originally from CA and it was common there that kids would have to sleep in the office bc there were so many kiddos and not enough families.
Advertisements
[url=http://www.state.tn.us/youth/fostercare/becomefosterparent.htm]how to become a foster parent[/url]
1-877-DCS-KIDS
i'm sure the state can put you in contact with your county :)
still no calls after 2 months .... they approved us for girls 5-13... but we told them we'd take 0-13 any race. I'm wondering if they don't need us. I contact the social working by e-mail about once a week. I've called her once each month as well. Nothing. :coffee:
Advertisements
i'm less surprised when you say it this time. i spoke on the phone to dcs this week. we are adopting via icpc....a relative...anyway, they are making us become full on licensed foster parnts in tn before they will approve our adoption homestudy to our old state....even though we were not fosters in our old state, just adoption...and homestudy approved, long story...anyway...so i ask, "so..when we are done, we can foster here then?" she says, "well....finish your adoption first, and then....i guess you could....i mean...if you really want to." i was totally shocked. had i said this in CA a sw would have been all over that with a YES! thank you, you can. i just wonder if there is not great need here.
Hi, new to the forum, and just finished PATH classes in east TN. We are going through a private agency that contracts with the state. A friend who just got her license is going through DCS and got her first call the day after she was notified her license was approved.
DCS seems to be running behind with case loads, mostly due to state funding and budget problems. It took them nearly 5 months after PATH classes to approve my friend. She has a 13 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy, siblings, in her home right now.
Friends using the same private agency as ours waited about 4 months for their call (they are going foster-to-adopt, like us), and after several weekends of respite, they've brought their daughter into their pre-adoptive home.
Maybe different areas have different needs. But, I contacted DCS several times for a 'package', and for questions and never got a call back, or anything in the mail after leaving my addy several times. The private agency called back immediately, and we are pleased with them so far.
We are a foster adoptive family in TN. We were approved for 7 months before we got the first call. Two years later we have only been called less than 10 times and have only foster 3 children that met our requirements of 0-11years either sex. Prior to moving to TN we were a foster adoptive family in SC. We got 10 or more calls in less than 6 months, fostered 3, and adopted one. Then we did an ICPC with another child when we moved to TN. If you have any questions, PM me.
If a child has been in foster care for approx 9 month, unknown to bio aunt, and starts motions to intervene in case. DCS never notified family of child's custody.. What are chances of winning?
Advertisements