Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
katie52
I am just speculating, but since they just told him @ 14, and went on to having you all visit, so quickly, I think they had a reason. Perhaps they thought he was rebelling, or he knew' something' but couldn't figure what. For some reason I think they hoped that having this reunion would help him in some way.
So I would stay in IM contact as much as possible, and listen to his concerns, and his feelings about life.
This is a very very difficult time in every boys life.
I am glad his aparents brought in some back up.lol
I would tell you above all, do not take everything a 14 yr old says too literally. They tend to exaggerate,and add a bit for drama. They may also play adults against each other, so take any horrible deed he describes, with a grain of salt. Ditto his 'anger.' do not let him
manipulate you with it. Just say sorry and move on and he will be over it.lol
I think the best thing he could ever have is you as a sounding board during these teen years. Congratulations to both of you.
Thanks. That's what I've been doing for the most part. He initiates almost all of our communications. Although I very much enjoy talking to him (hello?! I've waited 14 years for the opportunity) it can be overwhelming at times.