Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
JustPeachy
Wow, to be told you are adopted at 14 is not the best age to receive this info. I'm curious why they waited so long to tell, and then decided to do it in early adolescence! Yikes!
I don't have much advice for you, but I think you are handling this well. I would hope his parents would arrange for some counseling to help your son deal with his anger constructively, and also to help him process just finding out now he is adopted. Also, can you obtain counseling for yourself to help you deal with the anger and other issues that can come up on all sides in reunion?
Apparently they told him because he was taking a biology class and they really have no similarities between them. He tells me that he asked them if he was adopted years ago when he was around age 7 and they told him no. I think that is what is bothering him the most, understandably so.
You know I've been thinking about seeing a counselor as his adoption was really rough on me emotionally and I worked through all of that and I really don't want this to set me back. It's difficult even when it's easy you know??