Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I've seen a lot of folks inquiring about the Taiwan process. I'm curious how many families we have here and where they are in process so I thought I'd start a roll call. Thanks!
Hi,
Now I'll answer my own roll call. I'm the mother to two wonderful children. My daughter Lily, is 4.5 and from Guangxi, China. My son Andrew is 7 months and from Taoyuan, Taiwan.
Andrew's been home for 5 weeks and has had a fabulous transition. Our journey to Taiwan was full of twists and turns. After a year wait for referral, we had a very fast court time. We then had a crazy last month with AIT and NVC issues! It all worked out in the end and we are enjoying our life with our sweet new baby.
I look forward to getting to know other families with little ones from Taiwan!
Advertisements
I'm Katie (28) and dh Kevin is (30). We have 3 dd's biologically and are finally at the point where we can say "we are adopting". We are currently almost certain that Taiwan is the country, and are researching the possibility of doing it independently. I imagine we'll have the ball rolling sometime around the first of 2009.
I'm Sarah k. 33 years old. I and my husband adopted our wonderful son Jeremiah through an agency a couple years back. He came home at 1yr 2 months old and is now turning 3 next month. He will have been home for 2 years in October. We are now in our second adoption, this time independently through Taiwan. We are waiting for our 4 1/2 month old son Josiah, to get through courts so we can go and get him. He is presently in Foster care in Taiwan. I also volunteer for an independent organization in Taiwan. I keep an independent info blog on the internet and write for a team blog on Taiwan also.
Sarah k
My name is Shana and My husband and I have a 2-year old daughter, and I am currently 13 weeks pregnant. We have always talked about adopting and are researching now for two or three years in advance. We want to save up money and make a good decision about the adoption (country, agency vs independant, etc.).
I had a C-section with my first child and pre-eclampsia. I will have to have a C-section with this one as well, and I am thinking this may be my last natural one. My mother has been a foster mom for 13 years and we both (my mother and I) posess a Bachelor's in Social Work. This is where our (my husband and I) hearts are taking us and I think it will be a blessing. Every child is a blessing!!
:love:
Thanks,
Shana
P.S. The picture is of my husband and our daughter (biological)
Hi,
My husband and I are currently waiting for a referral from Taiwan. Right now, we're working on updating our homestudy and redoing some dossier documents. Hopefully soon, we will hear some good news!!
Karen
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and new to the whole adoption thing. I'm 31 and my husband is 32. We are in the middle of our home study, but have been fortunate enough to already have a referral for a little girl in Taiwan. So we are desperately trying to finish everything up so that we can bring her home! We have always known that we would like to adopt our children, and after all our research, we chose Taiwan for various reasons, one important one being that I grew up there.
Hey all! My husband and I are in the process of adopting from His Hands Taiwan!
Here is our family blog:
[url=http://www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com]Taking The Road Less Traveled[/url]
I'm also compiling a list of families in the process who have current fundraisers going on, so if you'd like to be added let me know...Here is the current list:
[url=http://theannessafamily.blogspot.com/p/shop-to-save.html]Taking The Road Less Traveled: Shop To Save[/url]