Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
:thanks:
Just to clarify my partner and I are Irish citizens applying to adopt internationally from Ireland. We have been honest with the Health Board who is assessing us. However, as only I will be the legal parent we expected that the approval reports would only include information about me. In Ireland it is rare to adopt domestically. I wonder if it would be possible to adopt from the US. Are there agencies that would be supportive in this regard and what is the process, how long does it take etc?
I dont think there are any other agencies in Ireland who would assess us Җ I am interested in the comment They chose to go international, and were told one would have to adopt as a single woman to succeed.ђ So the agency advised applying as a single applicant even though they knew they were in a same sex relationship and helped them to do that??
Also, especially if they use a gay-friendly homestudy agency that knows how to write a very sensitive report that glosses over the issue of orientationђ how would you go about doing that?
Thanks
N