Advertisements
Advertisements
Well, first it sounds like from your other post that they are pretty young. I would get as many momentos as you can of them, it may not be that hard to add them to everything.
I do not have a baby book, my sister does...my mother left when I was only a few months old and I have no idea what my first word was, when I took my first steps, what foods I like, anything.
It hurts me even now.
My father remarried when I was five, She was not a very good mother, Her idea of making up for it was to give me an empty babybook when i turned 14.
that being said. It would have made a world of difference for me if She had made effort to record some of our moments. Like this was the first time we all went to the beach, this is when you tried crab, We found out your favorite color was blue.
It may seem silly but, for me at least, the baby book signifies that someone cared to record those moments, what ever moments they maybe. You cannot undo what you did for your other children, nor should you, just try to do your best to do what you can for your children that you get.
Make foot prints, make hand scuptors, make a scrap book, baby book. Anything to show you care. It doesn't matter that the ages are different.
It may not seem like all the little things matters now, but it will.
Thank you so much for caring and being a good mother.