Advertisements
Advertisements
...This wasnt supposed to happen this quick. SheҒs only 22 months and shes doing too well with her potty training.
The bad thing is that she wants a new pull-up after each bathroom trip (IҒve been tricking her and try to smooth it out and put it back in the drawer, shes no fool thou, sheҒs gotten suspicious a few times. I gotta go buy her some panties; her sisters are too big for her.
WeҒre supposed to be going to the Fair on the 13th, but the last thing I wanna be doing is taking her to the public bathrooms. ---- Has anyone try slowing down the training without ruining it?
I hate that shes growing so fast Җ I want my baby back!
I'm happy and sad at the same time!
Yes!!! I'm trying to slow down my daughter's potty training too. She's 28 months now. She goes back and forth with her interest in it. She's currently in a "very interested" in going on the potty phase. It typically lasts a few days and then she absolutely doesn't want to bother with it for a few weeks. There was one point when we really thought she had it too. Started putting her in undies and everything. Turned out it was a passing phase. This is just so much work though. We give her an M&M when she goes on the potty and maybe that's too good of a motivator. Because she wants to try to go potty every 15 minutes some days. By the time I get a diaper or pullup back on her, get her dressed, clean up the potty, wash her hands, etc. then she wants to go again. That would be difficult anyway but we also have 2 one year old boys. Naturally they want to be in the bathroom too to see what all the hubub is about. And they like to try to put their hands in the toilet and play with the toilet paper and pull on me and turns out I only actually have two hands. It's insanity!!
I know I just have to pick a day and absolutely commit to it and she'll get it. We're going on vacation in a few weeks and I'm going to wait until we get back. I'm dreading it. I suppose I'll just have to plan to stay home for a few weeks. You never know what you're going to get with a public bathroom. I can just see myself, my daughter and my two babies stuffed into a hot, stinky outhouse. :eek:
Advertisements
When my daughter was 2 yrs and 5 months old, we went to my in-laws for Christmas. I put her in diapers for the trip. She decided that she liked to used public toilets and didn't have a single accident on the 18 hour drive!
I never tried to slow down the potty training (I had my mother pushing me to hurry it up - she thought it should have been done at 18mos!).
I'd buy those panties for her. Good luick!
Well, this whole weekend while out I just put her in diapers. I just dont' wanna take her to public bathrooms just yet.
kakuehl- Honestly at 18 months! Don't you just hate it when people act as if they were the ones buying the diapers?