Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
That is so marvelous ... I'm sure you are bringing much healing to your bmom. I know that I did.
Just an fyi, before our reunion, my bmom thought she had dealt with all the issues and come to terms with everything after 50 years. But, during our meeting and afterwards, she said that she felt like that unsure teenager again and got very depressed. She, again, didn't feel like she thought she should. Here was this marvelous thing - and she did love me - and everyone kept saying how marvelous it all was - and she was just faking it. Finally, after almost a year, she confessed - she had kept it all to herself cuz she didn't want to hurt me. I had been reading about other bmoms on these forums, and was not surprised that she felt that way. She is 70 and isn't very computer literate and didn't know that this was unusual. Your mom is older too and has kept this inside for many years - I wish I had sent my bmom the runion handbook even though she acted like she was so on top of things - so that she wouldn't have felt so alone as she tried to deal with everything.
Again, Have a great time ... and congratulations.
Jill