Advertisements
Advertisements
I am searching for my biological family. My father was Born Harry Roland
Montgomery on January 16, 1946. His father was Harry R. Montgomery his Mother
was Corrine Whited they were married in Monroe County Florida in 1945 to.
Corrine had 2 other children also a son born in 1943 and a daughter in 1944.
Corrine's mother and father were said to be Dorothy Wright and Hiram Cathey. My
father was adopted shorlt after birth by Ervin and Ida Tanner because his mother
was killed in a Accident in Coller County Florida the same year of his birth in
1946. My father is very dark complected and he is told that he is native
american he was forced to drop out of school because his adopted parents tryed
to place him in a white school due to there color but the school would not allow
it because of my fathers complexion. If this sounds close to anyone please
contact me.
As you can see I have information. The problem is Dorothy Wright and Hiram Cathey were supposed to have been Corrine's Parents however I cannot find a record of her ever being alive before 1945. We were told she married a whited as was her name on the marriage cert. in florida but cannot find a record of her marrying a Whited. When My father and his sister were little everything was kept real quiet and was never talked about other than what was said which is what I typed here. Alot of things dont add up and I dont beleive that Dorothy and Hiram were Corrine's parents and I would like to find out where Corrine came from etc. Also My fathers side the Montgomery's we have never meet at all in our life. My father is aging I made him a promise in 1999 that we would figure this all out before he passed. Here it is 2008 and still hitting brick walls my father is getting older and is starting to have some health issues as well of course we dont know what his family history is so that is of no help.
Thanks
Advertisements
I am assuming that you have checked all soundex versions of the names on ancestry.com?
Have you tried calling Harry Roland
Montgomery listed in the public records in Florida?
Kind regards,
Dickons
Yes I have tried the soundex. Ive tried to call a few that were in Florida. I talked to the wife of one of them but when I called back because her husband wasnt home no one anwsered. I sent off a letter to the state this week to request the adoption records be opened on behalf of my father because of the reading and writing issues I will be having to file all the paperwork he will be signing. It seems like everytime get glipse of light someone turns it off. Its there any other search methods besides the ancestry.com. They said his mother was killed in wreck in florida in 1946 where she hitchiked a ride with a military vehicle and it ran off the road and flipped into a canal and she drown. I dont have access to any newspapers but if someone does maybe they can search that also.
Thanks
Lostbird
Hello all. Well I am still searching for my dads real family.
I still have not gotten anywhere.
I have found
Corrine Montgomery killed in 1946 in florida. However I cant find a newspaper obituary.
Also found where she married Harry Montgomery in monroe county florida in 1945.
Still have not found the link between Dorothy Cathey and Corrine yet. I have not found Corrine Cathey listed as of yet.
I do know now that she married a Carl Whited prior to her marriage to Mr. Montgomery in 1945. Now this was told to my Uncle from Mrs. Dorothy. But I am now suspicious if Corrine wasnt adopted. Anyway the adoption took place here the adoptive parents are from Michigan at least Ervin Tanner is. I think this might be a georgia tann case.
Anyone that can help I would sure appreciate it.
I am trying to reach the person who started this thread, my father is Harry Roland Montgomery born in 1921 I think for certain that he is who you are looking for. I know that he was married once before my mother. I would really like to talk to you . If anyone can help connect us ? Ive been searching for my family my entire adult life Thanks in advance
Advertisements
Mrs Jolene my name is Brian and I am the one who wrote this thread. Hope to hear back from you, I sent you a friend request on here Would like to give you some contact information.
Thanks
Brian