Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm searching for my birthmother, Karolina Wurdinger. She was born 30 May 1927 in Pressgrund and gave birth to a baby girl on 30 May 1951 in or near Weiden, Germany. I was adopted by a military couple in June 1952. Would love to find any relatives that could help.
I also have 2 adopted brothers (also not related to each other) that were born in Augsburg on August 12, 1948 and June 19, 1950.
Its absolutely daunting how many adoptees are seeking info about their birth......
Good luck to all of you!
Hi,
I was also adopted in Germany in 1954. I too was adopted by an Air Force family. I have been searching for my bio mother for over 20 years but to no avail. In June of last year a woman from Germany called me and said she thought she had found her, sent me a picture and it was definitely my Mom but I lost the picture and her email adress. She was from Bremen. Her name is Regina Bander Beyer born Sept 21,1937. If you have any luck will you please let me know how you searched. I've tried so many avenues but got nowhere. Good luck!
Gudrun was my birth name.
Thanks,
Pam
Advertisements
Dear Pam,
I saw your message and hope that this information will be of some help.
I found my birthmother's family with the help of Angela Shelley. I posted on her website, [url=http://www.germanbirthregister.com]www.germanbirthregister.com[/url] and she responded to me with some information which found that my birth mother has passed but still had family living. She was extremely nice and very helpful. In fact, I intend to email her and update her on my communications with the family.
I started looking last September and end my search in October with Angela's help. I wish you great success!
Lynn (Burcle)
I was able to locate my birth mom, dad, and 2 sisters. I went through a business called Operation Identity in New Mexico. Though they basically do US searches, there was, and may still be, a lady by the name of Leone Bohmer (sp?) who does their German searches. And she did my search for free but I donated to them. How could I not?
I am finding out many of us born in Germany were adopted to american military. I just started looking for my birth mother, Christlel Schmidt. I was adopted in 1960, put in an orphanage at birth. I had a German friend tell me recently that in the 50's, if you were born illegitimate, as I was, the german government took the children away. I do not know if this is true, but it inspired me to seriously look for my mother. I always wondered why relatives didn't take me in. Good luck to all in your search!
Advertisements
Hi all, I am new to this forum and hope to find my sister who was adopted 1953 or 54, by American military family - this is all I could find out. Her birth name is Elke and dob is 24.5.1953 in Trier/ Germany. The adoption office told me the new parents changed her first name... so are you anywhere out there?
I am also hoping to find my bio father who could have been an American military stationed in Trier or Koblenz in 1951 and might have ginger hair ... my mother's first name was Frieda.
I can confirm what the previous poster said- in Germany in the 1950's, illegitimate children were not always "taken away" from their mums but the social workers put lots of pressure on them to give them away right after birth as it was a shame and disgrace to be single mum... and social work had a lot of power to make life difficult for them if they refused. Our mother wanted to keep her children and loved them and worked in a restaurant at night while the neighbour did babysitting ( I met the neighbour), and social work took the kids away accusing her she would "go to work and not care for her children", so we came to different foster parents/ were adopted when she died 1954, only 29 years old... sorry for long story, however, I am 61 now and living in the UK and do not "need" a family any more, but would just like to know where my roots are... I think you understand.
Hello, my Name is valeria and I live in Germany , I helped a lot adopted childrens to find her Family in Germany
If you still need any help please let me know. Look at my Homepage: [url=http://www.findyourfamilyingermany.com]Find Your Family in Germany - Home[/url]
greetings Evelyn
Hello, my Name is valeria and I live in Germany , I helped a lot adopted childrens to find her Family in Germany
If you still need any help please let me know. Look at my Homepage: [url=http://www.findyourfamilyingermany.com]Find Your Family in Germany - Home[/url]
greetings Evelyn