Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all! I'm new the forum and in the process of completing the I-800A. I live in Massachusetts, and no-one (including my social worker!) seems to be able to help me answer Question 3 in Part 3 of the I-800A. The question is:
"3. Provide a written description of the preadoption requirements, if any, of the State of the child's proposed residence when it is known that the child will be adopted in the United States, including a citation to the relevant State statutes and regulations. Describe the steps that have already been taken or that are planned to comply with these requirements. Any preadoption requirements which cannot be met at the time the Form I-800A is filed because of the operation of State law must be noted and explained."
Can anyone PLEASE advise me as to how to answer this as a resident of Massachusetts? I cannot find anywhere a "written description of the preadoption requirements" for Massachusetts.
Thank you!!!
I don't know if this will help because I am in MT, but my social worker told me to type in this answer for ? 3
All pre-adoptive state requirementss in Montana(You would put your state here) have been met. Please refer to the attached home study for details.
Advertisements
I need clarification if on the requirements to fill out I800a form .The child I am adopting if 15 years old and will be 16 in April 2009. it states that :1. The child is under the age of 16 at the time the I-800 is filed on his or her behalf (taking into account special rules on filing dates for children aged 15-16), is unmarried, and lives in a Convention country;.. can anybody calrify that a little more for me since I am just going to file I800A ...
I would suggest asking your adoption agency. Congratulations on your pending adoption. How did you decide to adopt this child? We are adopting a 9 (nearly 10) year old boy. We hosted him for a month this summer in a program called Summer of Hope. I wish I could be of more help with the I800a. We filed ours the first week of December and had our fingerprinting appt. in less than 2 weeks. Good luck. Mindy
My I800A was denied stating that I did not have a writen letter from a accredited adoption agency .it was done by a sperate social worker which is approved by texas law to do home studies but I want to appeal it ,any suggestions
I had the same problem, although my wasn't denied. They just sent a notification that this letter was missing. I just had my adoption agency write a quick letter and they faxed it and mailed it to the office reviewing my 1800A. It was approved within a few days.
Advertisements