Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Kaz info
I have 3 bio children ages 11, 13, 15, at the time of our Kaz adoption. DD has been home almost 5 months (adopted at 13 mos). There was another couple (childless) who we were over there with at the time and had the same court date, agency, etc. and they had an easier time in court. They were not asked as many questions etc. Our court went fine but we were asked a lot of questions which our translator of course translated for us to the judge. It is true that they (the officials) had a hard time understanding why we would want to adopt after having 3 bio children. We had a great facilitator backed by a great agency which is why everything went so smooth. We would be asked a question in court and give an answer and then the facilitator and judge would talk back and forth, of course having no idea what was being said. Our translator then told us afterwards that the officials just have a hard time understanding why. I do believe Kazakhstan is very agency/facilitator dependant. So it can be done. Hope this helps. I would not let that prevent you from adopting in Kaz as long as you went with a great agency.