Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Vogi2002
no- we also used an agency. The law is different in each state - ours is the day of placement they are covered, not born.
It's really the mother's expenses of the birth that is really costly also - and my insurance doesn't cover this.
The thing is - if that child is legally the birthmothers (which it is) then legally the expenses are hers (medicaid speaking). If she doesn't qualify, then yes the aparents should pay, but I don't see how they can say they aren't going to pay by a decision she will make 4 - 30 days later.
I said what you said to my attorney but she said the issue is that Georgia lets the adoptive family go home from the hospital with the baby for the ten days we're waiting for mom to sign off. To medicaid she made the decision the day she lets the family go home with baby. If bmom changes her mind, its the risk of adoptive families, a chance we take. If we let her take the baby home for the ten days to work around the insurance, the attorney said then we run the risk she definitely changes her mind, and then she asked is that a risk we want to run.