Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Allow me to shed a little light on this if I may. In alot of states Medicaid was being abused as was Tricare by surroogacy arraingements where surrogates were using insurance while being compensated by the intended parents.
Because there are no universal regulations as far as states all having different rules and regulations, many states and insurance companies are placing exclusions on policies that if teh bmother is not keeping the baby, whoever is getting the baby is responsible for the hospital bills.
I know of a case in MA where a potential surrogate was wanting to use Medicaid for a traditional surrogacy and was told absolutely not.
I also thing alot had to do with a bmother getting expenses paid by PAPs. This would definately chance her income situation and her qualification for medicaid.
The bottomline is states as well as insuracne companies are wanting to cut down on abuse of these benefits. I do not believe this is discrimination at all.
I also think that with the enormous amounts of money PAPs are having to pay these agencies, the agencies should take some responsibility for these expenses.
Alot f this started about a year and a half ago with Tricare and private insurance companies and because the insurance companies began with certain exclusions medicaid was being used as an alternative and subsequently abused.
A simple Google search will reveal in depth what I am saying.
EZ