Advertisements
Advertisements
Joshie had a few days of diarrhea so his little bum is sore; I was using Desitin but in the process of switching to Butt Paste...but until I can actually get to town tomorrow to get some....I sprinkled Baby Gold Bond medicated powder on and he isn't nearly as red.
However, this certain bottle of powder I used, I used on Brad my 11 y.o. 10 or more years ago. Does it ever expire...I mean, this is safe to use right?
Blessings, Michelle
Michelle, I went to Gold Bond's website to see if I could find any info for you on expiration dates and effectivness. I couldn't find out anything.
Gold Bond Baby Powder contains Cornstarch, Kaolin, and Zinc Oxide. If anything, I would think it just would lose its effectiveness after so long. I doubt that it would be harmful.
I know I used some really old zinc oxide once when I was out in the sun all day, and it worked fine for me. Sorry that I couldn't find out the answer to your question.
Advertisements
I have no idea...but I won't even drink milk on the sell by date! LOL
I am not sure about the powder however, I also went to the website. My powder has a date on it. So maybe newer ones do?
Summer
I wouldn't use it either. I thought powder was not recommended in case they breathe it.
Advertisements
I can not imagine a baby without using baby powder. It is an essential thing for them. Does baby powder expire, then yes, it does. Because nowadays, some most baby powders consist of cornstarch, which has a short period or life-like, 18 months once you opened. Unopened baby powders are safe, they not expired, but it all depends on your storage process. Ypu can read the details here
I can not imagine a baby without using baby powder. It is an essential thing for them. Does baby powder expire, then yes, it does. Because nowadays, some most baby powders consist of cornstarch, which has a short period or life-like, 18 months once you opened. Unopened baby powders are safe, they not expired, but it all depends on your storage process. You can read the details here