Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I have to agree with suzy here. I have been working as nurse in an out patient methadone clinic where we run random test and never have I seen any test come back with a high percentage(enough to constitute a positive) on a substance that was false. As I said we do oral swabs, where I can see a local anesthetic like novacaine reading a positive for cocaine(that is why we always ask before administering the oral swab if any dental work has been done)but NEVER ever a urine test.
Those test readings come back with percentages of substances, it isn't just a pass fail test.
We have had the urine be retested and the test still came back the same.
Also, I could maybe give a tad of probability, but based on past history I am hard pressed to believe this was a false positive.
Like suzy our lab can flag just about anything . There have been all kinds of things done to have a test appear negative. That is all the more reason to cast doubt and any tampering is an automatic positive.
I do wonder though if the person who this thread is about , which drug the test showed. Was is it comparative for their drug of choice?
Honsestly, I have seen cases where the person swore up and down that the test was wrong, but when the report went back to the PO it was still a violation.
If it were a case of employment drug screening where the person did not have a history of addiction, it might be somewhat convincing, but many addicts have tried this methdod of denial and got no where.
Raven, we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. We can link each other to kingdom come, but nearing two decades at the same job I simply cannot agree. My experience tells me otherwise. I was even asked by one girls probation officer and I could not in good conscience tell him the test was a false positive.
EZ