Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are just starting on our way into Adoption with a Agency in St Petersburg Florida. We have done Foster Care for 2 years and have had three little girls at diffenent times in our home and never had the chance to adopted them, so on 9/15/08 after our last foster child left, we stopped Fostering and started the process to do IVF, only to be told on 10/25/08 after having a Out Paient surgery (Cervical Dilatation & Hysteroscopy) that I have severe scarring inside my uterus from a infection I had 26 years ago when I gave birth to my daughter!. The doctor said he would not do IVF because the chances for pregnancy would be only about 10%, so as of 10/29/08 we are on the road to Domestic Adoption.
Let me tell you a little about my husband and I. I am 47 years old and my husband is 49. I have been married twice. The first marriage was when I was 19 and I had my daughter now 26. I was divorced when I was 24 years old. Raised my daughter till I met my 2nd Husband when I was 41, he was 43 and 2 years later we were married and all we talked about was having a child and tried for one year, only to realize when I went off the BCP that I was in menopause. So as you can see we have had a long road in hopes of having a child!!
I would love to get to know people that live in Florida and are doing adoption and would like to tell me anything they know about adoption, such as the process?.. Does and don'ts?.... What to expect while doing a Domestic Adoption?. I would also just love to hear stories about why you choose adoption and if someone lives in my area? I have found it so helpful to talk to people on the different fourms that pretain to the different places I have been, such as IVF, Foster Care and now Adoption! It really helps me to learn what to expect and not be as confused when going down the path of the processs! Thanks a lot and hope to talk to many people along the way!