Advertisements
Advertisements
I would love to discuss attachment parenting and natural parenting practices with other families here that also are members of the triad. AP is very important to me, but I feel that as an adoptive mom there are different issues that only the member of the triad will be dealing with.
Thank you for taking a moment to consider it!
:thanks:
I'll second that. An example of this sort of issue beyond adoptive breast feeding is the whole "diaper free" thing, which can be complicated if you aren't adopting a newborn. I did it with reasonable success, starting when my adopted child was 5 months old and I was completely clueless, and still it went OK although I never would have believed it could work and I only did it because my child was enthusiastic about it. So, I think there are specific adoption related issues on this front and of course with attachment parenting it should be its own board asside from "attachment problems." At the very least something like "prevention of attachment problems."
Advertisements
Right now we are not adding new forums but I appreciate the input. It's difficult to have specific forums for each and every thing and often what we find is the more specific it is, the less it is used.
By all means though, feel free to start a thread on natural parenting in the adoptive parent section - perhaps in the "General", since so many are active there.
If I see there is enough usage or need for it, I can see about adding it as an actual forum and move things around. :)