Advertisements
Advertisements
My mother was born on 7/20/43 (no birth certificate to confirm). Adopted in Missouri or Kansas through Catholic Charities. She recalls hearing about St. Vincents/St. Anthony's home for unwed mothers. Private adoption to a loving couple who raised her in Kansas.
I am her daughter and I am giving this a try. I have searched the forums for a long time hoping that someone would be searching for her. So far, nothing.
Searching for siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles of this beautiful woman.
*I have no ID info, no birth certificate, no names.
First you need to find out where the adoption was finalized, that will make a whole difference for you.
The other thing is to find out your mother's dob.
I hate to ask you this: does she know that you are looking? can she give you the information that you need?
Let me know, and will see how I can help.
Velia
Advertisements
She doesn't know I am actively looking. She does know my interest in knowing her background. Especially medical history.
What I've provided is all she knows. After her mother's death (father passed long ago), she believed she would receive the birthcertificate that was saved for her by her mother. It was never found.
My mom didn't press the issue. I think she feels in her heart that she is hurting her parents if she searches.
I am saying too much.
Date of birth is pretty accuarate as far as we know...I believe the adoption was finalized in Missouri.
The home for unwed mothers, is something she always heard about growing up. However, her younger sister is adopted as well (different family)...so the stories could have been mixed up. Her parents always told the two of them that were adopted...it wasn't a secret.
Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.
I am thankful for any ideas or leads.
I can vouch for Velia as a search angel - she did an awesome job for Mark, and helped me very much with my own search! Share what information you have with her and start putting puzzle pieces together.
SNMM
My mother was born on 7/20/43 (no birth certificate to confirm). Adopted in Missouri or Kansas through Catholic Charities. She recalls hearing about St. Vincents/St. Anthony's home for unwed mothers. Private adoption to a loving couple who raised her in Kansas.
I am her daughter and I am giving this a try. I have searched the forums for a long time hoping that someone would be searching for her. So far, nothing.
Searching for siblings, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles of this beautiful woman.
*I have no ID info, no birth certificate, no names.
How's your search going! I'm searching for any family of my dads. Born May 11, 1943 also at St. Vincent's. Have you tried contacting adoptionsearchservices.com. They were able to give me some non-ID.