Advertisements
Advertisements
I made our profile by scrapbooking by hand, and have been making color copies to reproduce it. But I noticed some referral services are asking for your profiles by e-mail. How do you do this? I've noticed some people make adobe acrobat slide shows, but I don't know to make them. Can you do this with adobe acrobat reader? or do you need the full professional version? Do you need special software to scan a page and make it into a pdf file?
You can scan a page into your computer as PDF without having the Adobe Acrobat suite. However, to DO anything special with the PDF, you have to have the Adobe Acrobat suite. Your scanner might let you scan all pages to one PDF file, otherwise, each page is its own file.
It might be worth it to take it to a Kinko's or similar place and have it put into one file, as well as into separate pages.
You could also use scrapbooking software, like Memory Mixer or Adobe PSE to re-create your scrapbook, and then you can make a nifty slideshow.
I hope this helps a bit!
~Robyn
Advertisements
We had Kinko's do a PDF for us. In our profile, we had pages that contained text only and pages that contained pictures only.
We saved the text-only pages in a Word. Next, we edited the pages with the pictures in Microsoft's PictureIt (bought that software for around $40 or so, don't remember) and saved those pages in *.png and also in *.jpg format. That was the hardest part - and it was not hard at all, LOL.
We told Kinko's how we wanted the profile to look like, i.e. in what order we wanted the pages and they created the PDF for us (charged $25 for that service and gave us the *.pdf file at the end). I am sure that can also create a slide show for you. Just depends whether you want the hassle of creating all these docs. We were just too lazy, I guess ...
Thanks for everyone who replied. I did some searching on the internet, and there is a way to do this yourself (I guess if you have the time, it's not that hard). I scanned each page and saved it as a jpeg. Then opened up all of the jpeg files in Photoshop. Then I chose Automate and Create slideshow. You can select all of the open files by clicking on the all open files box, put them in order in the dialog box, and then create a slideshow that will be in pdf format.
I tried to do a PDF but my SW still could not open it. So i created a Blog for it. It is a work in progress. but would love feed back.
[url=http://aaroncharitynonidprofile.blogspot.com/]Our Adoption Profile[/url]
MamaandDb, I think your blog is looking good. Not that different from a regular website.
Some thoughts:
I'd say if you are going to put some of the text in French, you should be consistent and do it on all the pages or is it possible to have a second, duplicate blog in just French and a link to it? I would show more extended family pictures if you have them. I wouldn't have a 12 year old picture be the first picture people see, it should be current. If you want to show that picture, you can show it in another section.
Great idea and it says a lot about you both and what you like to do, which is perfect.
Advertisements