Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Our adopted daughter used to hump all kinds of things, to the point that she was straining, her face would turn red, and she would even sweat. She was evaluated by a sexual abuse "expert" (don't recall at this time what his actual qualifications were) who told us that he did not think that there had been any actual SA. In her case, he felt it was from either being exposed to inappropriate sexual situations (witnessing bio-mom) and/or as a comfort mechanism. It has diminished considerably over the years (she is 9 now). We still do keep an eye on her.
I hope there is not a connection in her mind between her humping and you running home from where ever you are. She could really manipulate that.
I would recommend redirecting her to her bedroom with as little emotion as possible. I wouldn't really address it with her either except to say that you need to do that in private, and you are not allowed to do it to others. She probably does not know why she does it, or can not articulate clearly what the reasons are.