Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
As a parent, my job is not to "fix" third world economies to make it possible for women to take care of children they cannot afford - and that likely may die from malnourishment or preventable illness.
I am a mom. There are governments to take care of those issues. I will not apologize for adopting my child. Could the process by which she came into my home have been better? Duh, yes. But I do not lose ONE wink of sleep at night. Because my child is LOVED. She is happy. And she is ALIVE. The first two I assume she would have been had she stayed with ehr birth family, but the last one - I don't know.
So while it's great and wonderful to read these kinds of articles, I'm not running for President. Or looking to get appointed to the UN, or sit on the board of the World Bank. Or the Hague Committee.
Nope. I'm just a mom. And I will never apologize for how my daughter came into our family - and I don't care how much I get flamed, because it's not ADOPTIVE PARENT'S responsibility to "fix" the system. It's not.